A new website aims to match students in Ft Collins with Pharmacy Technician training at IBMC, the Institute of Business and Medical Careers.
What is a Pharmacy Technician? It is a medical career that helps licensed Pharmacist dispense prescription medication and is typically employed at retail pharmacies and hospitals.
Pharmacy Technician responsibilities include the following:
- Fill prescriptions taken from customers or Doctors
- Count tablets and measure amounts of medication
- Compound or mix medications
- Responsible for packaging and labeling prescriptions
The school coursework at IBMC is designed to train students in clinical and technical areas of the Pharmacy Technician field by stretching their mathematical, organizational and technical skills.
All IBMC Pharmacy students take part in an externship, which gives each student the ability to use their classroom training in a workplace setting. Upon completion of the course work, graduates receive their PTCB Certification.
Quick Facts: Pharmacy Technicians
- 2010 Median Pay: $28,400 per year
- Number of Jobs, 2010: 334,400
- Job Outlook, 2010-20: 32% (much faster than average)
- Employment Change, 2010-20: 108,300
Users of the site can fill out an inquiry card on the website and an Admission Representative from IBMC will contact them to set up a Career Planning Session that includes a view of the Ft Collins campus.